Kyler was born with a very noticeable flat spot on the back part of his head. So, he has to wear a helmet for 23 hours a day for the next 5-6 months. We can only take it off for an hour when he takes a bath everyday. I get lots of questions about how it works so here goes. The helmet is symmetrical inside even though his head is not. As his head grows, it will grow to the path of least resistance, filling in the areas that are flat. I have spoken with other moms with kids that have had to wear a helmet and have been very happy with how well they work. We will have to visit the doctor every 2 weeks in I.F. where they will measure and adjust the helmet as needed. He's had it on for just over a week and doesn't seem to mind at all. He just goes about doing whatever he normally would do. What a trooper!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Kyler's new accessory
Posted by Drew and Mariann at 12:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
That is one cute kid, I hope everything is going well You guy's rock.
love Travis & Sabra
Post a Comment